Joshua Harvest Church was founded by Pastor Derrick Johnson on July 1, 2001. With twelve members Joshua became a prominent and radical church leading in confronting contemporary church issues. After meeting in several locations, the group found themselves in need of a place to worship. In 2003, Joshua Harvest Church moved to 1900 N. Tatnall Street, but quickly outgrew the new facility due to the new sound of teaching and powerful preaching that Pastor D’ bought to the communities of the city.
Joshua Harvest Church outgrew every facility due to the overwhelming response of new members. In 2006, we moved to the Claymore Senior Center on the Westside of Wilmington, where we currently hold services.Under the leadership of Pastor Derrick Johnson, Joshua Harvest Church has become the fastest growing church in Delaware, with a youthful, dynamic, diverse, and community active congregation and ministry staff. Joshua has grown from starting with twelve members to its current membership of over 600 members.Joshua has birth several ministries:
- Women of Joshua: A street outreach ministry which serves women who suffer from addiction, who are battered or abuse, who are homeless, or have been incarcerated by providing spiritual guidance, mentoring and case management services.
- Sons of Thunder: A unified front of strong and empowered men to encourage and motivate one another to lead lives lead in accordance to the Word of God.
- Joshua’s Angels: A ministry of tiny bopper who’s passion for dance is used to show their love for God.
- Joshua City Praise Dancers: Adolescents and adults worshiping God through dance.
- Joshua Harvest Juvenile/Adult Re-entry program: Focus on transitioning individuals from incarceration to society with a case management, mentorship, and faith based approach.
-Sunday Morning Worship Service at 10:30 A.M.
-Bible Study Class on Wednesday's at 6:30pm
504 S. Clayton Street
Wilmington, DE 19805
Mailing address: P.O. Box 9895 Wilmington, DE 19809